Internships and Assistantships Abroad
Internships and Assistantships
Internships for Students of French, German, and Spanish
Internships For Students of Spanish
- The Department of Modern Languages offers up to six hours of upper-division internship credit for the following programs:
- Full- or part-time internships in Madrid, Spain through European Study Abroad. Industry sectors include: business and industry, the arts, heath care, education, marketing services, political policy, and media.
- Spanish government grants for U.S. college seniors (or recent graduates) to live in Spain (various cities) and assist with English instruction (12 hours per week) throughout the upcoming school year in return for a monthly stipend (see Assistantships in Spain below).
- The U.S. State Department offers summer or semester-long internships in American Embassies in Latin America and in Spain (see above: Internships for Students of French, German and Spanish).
- Internships and volunteer placement in Argentina (various cities) with scholarship opportunities through NICE - Network of InterCultural Exchange.
- Students desiring college credit for these programs must have prior approval. For counseling or further information, contact Dr. Lucy Harney.
Assistantships in France
- The French Ministry of Education and the Cultural Services at the French Embassy offer approximately 1,500 teaching assistant positions in French primary and secondary schools as well as in various French teaching colleges in all regions of France. For more information contact Dr. Carole Martin.
Assistantships in Spain
- The Education Office of the Embassy of Spain in the U.S. program of North American Language and Culture Assistants in Spain. The Spanish government offers grants for U.S. college seniors (or recent graduates) to live in Spain (various cities) and assist with English instruction (12 hours per week) throughout the upcoming school year in return for a monthly stipend.