Nagoya Summer Session I
What You Will Learn
Students will have the opportunity to learn Japanese language while being fully immersed in the Japanese culture. Students will be living with a host family, which will allow them to experience Japanese life firsthand. Students will earn six academic credit hours.
The YAMASA Institute is situated in the center of Japan. Located in very close vicinity to Nagoya, which is the 3rd largest city in Japan. YAMASA provides short course options that focus on conversation ability and cultural studies, among others. YAMASA also has long-term academic intensive programs for students requiring high levels of proficiency for professional careers or study at a university in Japan.
- Courses are divided by language ability and range from complete beginner to advanced level. Every student enrolling in YAMASA is assessed before commencing their course and is placed in the class level that best suits their personal ability. This creates a very effective learning environment.
- Participants must complete the required online application and be officially admitted to the program.
- JAPA 2310 Intermediate Japanese I
- JAPA 2320 Intermediate Japanese II
- *LING 4390 Independent Study in Applied Linguistics and Language Learning
*May be repeated once for additional credit
Departure Date: May 23, 2016
Return Date: June 24, 2016
Program Cost: $4336
For more information: Study Abroad Website