Texas State in Amman, Jordan Summer 2015
Amman is the capital of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan situated in the heart of the Middle East. Amman is considered one of the best cities in the Middle East in regards to business, tourism, culture, and diverse population.
This five-week program in Arabic language and culture with a focus on Introduction to Islam provides an opportunity for students to be immersed in an authentic Arabic environment for learning and living. This program allows students to enhance their learning experience and to develop their language skills in Arabic. The program is designed to allow students to visit historical and cultural sites which will enrich their understanding and awareness of the Arabic culture and people.
- ARAB 1410 Beginning Arabic I
- ARAB 1420 Beginning Arabic II
- ARAB 3302 Media Arabic
- HON 2390L Introduction to Islam
- HON 2390K An Introduction to Arab Culture
Departure Date: June 30, 2015 (from USA)
Return Date: August 7, 2015 (from Amman)
Program Cost: $6,282
Program Cost includes:
- Tuition and fees for six hours of university credit
- $200 non-refundable application fee
- Lodging with a host family and all meals